Condition & Value surveys, also known as C&V’s, are conducted for pre-purchase, insurance or financing purposes. When we conduct C&V surveys, we inspect every accessible inch of the boat. While each survey is different, C&V surveys typically consist of a haul-out, bottom inspection, systems testing and at least one sea trial. Pre-purchase surveys often require more intense testing such as oil analysis, compression testing, rigging inspections aloft, thermal imaging, etc.
Rate: $20-$25 per foot (based on LOA) depending on vessel type and size.
All C&V surveys include:
– Inspection & testing of all onboard systems
– Moisture testing & percussion sounding of all structural members
– Haul-out with bottom inspection and running gear inspection*
– Sea trials** (both power and sail)
– Fair market value appraisal
Additional pre-purchase survey options:
– Engine compression testing (gasoline engines only)
– Thermal imaging
– Aloft rigging surveys
– Oil sample analysis (gas and diesel engines, generators, transmissions)
*Haul-out and pressure-wash fees are billed separated by the owner/buyer’s chosen boatyard and not built-in to our survey cost.
**When a sea trial is performed, it is the responsibility of the boat-owner or authorized selling-agent to provide qualified personnel to operate the vessel.